Essential Facts - the '10' in 70:20:10
70:20:10 is a way of describing how learning occurs in organisations.
Research indicates that:
- About 70% of learning and development occurs through real-life and on-the-job experiences, tasks, and problem solving. Even with classroom programs the really important learning takes place back on the job when the knowledge or skill is applied to a real situation.
- About 20% of learning and development comes from coaching, feedback and from observing and working with role models and colleagues.
- About 10% of learning and development comes from formal training, whether in classrooms and workshops or through eLearning or some other structured programs.
What Types of Development Activities are in the ‘10’?
The types of ‘10’ activities that you can carry out to support your development include:
- courses, workshops, seminars
- eLearning courses and eLearning modules
- a blend of classroom and 'e'
- structured discussion and social learning around a specific topic/course
- professional qualifications/accreditation
- formal education, e.g. university, business school.
Copyright © 70:20:10 Forum 2016. We encourage you to share our freely accessibly Content, however we do not allow extraction, unauthorised use and/or duplication of this Content without express written permission from 70:20:10 Forum. See our terms and conditions