Adult Learning and 70:20:10
In this video recording (22:01 mins) Charles Jennings explores current trends and challenges impacting organisations and learning:
- The transition from tangible to intangible assets in organisations
- Organisations seeking to be more responsive to changing business conditions
- Organisations recognising the need to integrate learning within the workflow
- Organisations seeking to speed up the application of learning in work
The recording is from the 2013 Learning Technologies Conference held in London.
Charles reinforces that the imperative for organisations is clear: they must be able to learn, unlearn and relearn faster than the rate of change within and beyond the organisation. The only alternative to being able to adapt is extinction.
Charles then explores the four key elements of real learning:
- Challenging experiences,
- Opportunities to practice,
- Rich conversations and
- Spaces to reflect.
In this presentation, he examines how the four areas work together and suggests how a deeper understanding of the role of experience might lead learning and development professionals to reconsider how they approach their work.
Copyright © 70:20:10 Forum 2016. We encourage you to share our freely accessibly Content, however we do not allow extraction, unauthorised use and/or duplication of this Content without express written permission from 70:20:10 Forum. See our terms and conditions