Workplace Learning Through Practical Reflection: 70:20:10 Focus Series
This webinar (45:49min) and written summary explores practical approaches to utilising reflective practice as a tool for supporting improved performance.
Reflective practice is an important enabler of continuous learning and performance improvement, yet the speed of business and the constant pressure to move from one task or project to the next mean opportunities to reflect are often missed and undervalued.
This webinar explored the notion of 'extracting' learning from work as an important tool for improving performance. The session objectives were to:
- Discuss how the outcomes of reflective practice can be used as a guide to creating practical solutions and measuring business impact
- Discuss some of the requirements for enabling reflection in support of a continuous learning culture.
- Explore opportunities for workers to narrate and share their work by Working Out Loud
- Explore practical reflection at:
- Process, and
- Organisational Levels.
- Use 70:20:10 Forum resources to support your approach.
Exploring reflective practice and solution design resources:
One on One Discussions case study:
Root Cause Analysis (as part of continuous improvement activities/processes)
Come back and share
How is reflective practice being used in your organisation and how is it aligned with business needs? Is reflection only used within learning programs or is it also embedded in work practice? How are you capturing the impact of reflection on improved performance? What language are you using to get buy-in and support and to overcome negative perceptions associated with reflection?
Copyright © 70:20:10 Forum 2016. We encourage you to share our freely accessibly Content, however we do not allow extraction, unauthorised use and/or duplication of this Content without express written permission from 70:20:10 Forum. See our terms and conditions